Australia has been a favorite destination for resettling migrants seeking protection from conflict and trauma the likes of which are hard to imagine.
With the right support, migrants can make extraordinary contributions and become outstanding permanent members of society or citizen. There are lots of ways you can explore the ways and means to be part of this great country to build their lives in Australia.
The latest addition of a new visa category is Subclass 491 :-
There are two new skilled regional provisional visas will be available for skilled migrants, and dependent family members, who want to live and work in regional designated area of Australia starting 16th November 2019.
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) – for people sponsored by local employer in the regional area of Australia.
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – for people nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in regional Australia.
To have an occupation on a relevant MTSSL/STOL/ROL
To have a suitable and positive skills assessment for the occupation
To be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency for 15 points
To be nominated by eligible relative must sponsor you for 15 points.
To be invited to apply
To satisfy minimum requirement of 65 points test
Minimum 7 bands IELTS to get 10 points
To stay in Australia for 5 years
To live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia for 3 years
To travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
Larger or additional areas designated under the program
No cut off for eligible and deserving applicants
10 points the person is not having spouse or defacto partner
10 points for having STEM qualifications
How it is different from other visa Subclass 489 ;-
- It is 5 years visa temporary resident visa, not 4 years as in subclass 489.
- To stay, live or work in designated areas for 3 years as compare to 2 years earlier
- No restriction on work rights in designated area
- Priority case processing within given time-frame
- Partner or Spouse skill assessment as per demand list and 6.0 IELTS/ PTS can give additional 10 points
Minimum from AUD4,045
Over all Processing times for this category visa:-
The actual processing times can vary case to basis, due to individual circumstances including:
- Filing complete case at one go , including all necessary supporting documents
- Response time to any requests for additional information by the relevant authorities
Those having skill as per demand list, under 45 years of age , single or married , having diploma / bachelors / Master degree or PhD with 3 to 10 years of work experience , English language proficiency and want to settle in Australia ,this new visa category Subclass 491 can be the one option to explore .
So if you want to stay in Australia permanently and you or your partner has satisfied the work and residence requirements of Subclass 491, you might be eligible for Permanent Residence under Subclass 191,
We at Global links consultancy assist our clients with utmost care and by having in depth understanding of fast changing and complex immigration process and rules for over the years and have ensured success to many of our deserving dreamers.